Want to learn the capitals of Europe? Here is the comprehensive list of capital cities in Europe to help you learn more about the continent.
Europe might be one of the smallest continents but this beautiful continent offers so much to see and do compared to some of the large ones.
But even with its small size, Europe has some of the most beautiful capitals in the world. With diverse countries, languages, and charming cities, a trip to one of the capitals of Europe will make you appreciate this charming part of the world even more.
So whether you want to expand your knowledge about Europe, planning a road trip, and looking for trivia road trip questions to ask yourselves, this post will show you all the capitals of countries of Europe.
To make it even more enjoyable for you and envision how these capitals of the European countries look like so that you can dream further and perhaps add them to your Europe bucket list, I’ll be adding the photos of these capitals for Europe.
But before we look at this list of countries and capitals of Europe, you need to know that these cities were not created equal.
Some are more popular than others like Paris, London, Rome, Amsterdam, Berlin receiving millions of travelers every year and while others like Tirana, Baku, Nicosia might not be very known by many but are still very beautiful.
Countries in Europe and Their Capitals (A-Z)
1. Albania – Capital, Tirana
2. Andorra – Capital, Andorra la Vella
3. Armenia – Capital, Yerevan
4. Austria – Capital, Vienna
5. Azerbaijan – Capital, Baku
6. Belarus – Capital, Minsk
7. Belgium – Capital, Brussels
8. Bosnia and Herzegovina – Capital, Sarajevo
9. Bulgaria – Capital, Sofia
10. Croatia – Capital, Zagreb
11. Cyprus – Capital, Nicosia
12. Czechia/Czech Republic – Capital, Prague
13. Denmark – Capital, Copenhagen
14. Estonia – Capital, Tallinn
15. Finland – Capital, Helsinki
16. France – Capital, Paris
17. Georgia – Capital, Tbilisi
18. Germany – Capital, Berlin
19. Greece – Capital, Athens
20. Hungary – Capital, Budapest
21. Iceland – Capital, Reykjavik
22. Ireland – Capital, Dublin
23. Italy – Capital, Rome
24. Kazakhstan – Capital, Nur-Sultan
25. Kosovo – Capital, Pristina
26. Latvia – Capital, Riga
27. Liechtenstein – Capital, Vaduz
28. Lithuania – Capital, Vilnius
29. Luxembourg – Capital, Luxembourg city
30. Malta – Capital, Valletta
31. Moldova – Capital, Chisinau
32. Monaco – Capital, Monaco
33. Montenegro – Capital, Podgorica
34. Netherlands – Capital, Amsterdam
35. North Macedonia
(formerly Macedonia) – Capital, Skopje
36. Norway – Capital, Oslo
37. Poland – Capital, Warsaw
38. Portugal – Capital, Lisbon
39. Romania – Capital, Bucharest
40. Russia – Capital, Moscow
41. San Marino – Capital, San Marino
42. Serbia – Capital, Belgrade
43. Slovakia – Capital, Bratislava
44. Slovenia – Capital, Ljubljana
45. Spain – Capital, Madrid
46. Sweden – Capital, Stockholm
47. Switzerland – Capital, Bern
48. Turkey – Capital, Ankara
49. Ukraine – Capital, Kyiv (also known as Kiev)
50. United Kingdom – Capital, London
51. Vatican City (Holy See) – Capital, Vatican City
52. Yugoslavia – Capital, Belgrade
Did you enjoy learning about the capitals of countries of Europe, then check out these posts below to learn more about Europe.