Looking for sunset quotes to go with your beautiful sunset photos? Then check out these sunset captions for Instagram that will inspire both you and your followers!
From the beautiful orangey colors crisscrossed by red and yellow, there is nothing as beautiful as a sunset!
But what makes them stand out, even more, are the sunset captions that go with them especially if you share them on your Instagram or social media.
If you want to capture the attention of your followers or even expand your reach, these sunset captions for Instagram will do the trick for you!
I mean we both know that a good caption makes or breaks your Instagram game regardless of whether the photo is great or not!
And to make sure that you find your way around easily, these captions for sunsets are categorized into; funny sunset Instagram captions, short sunset quotes for Instagram, inspirational Instagram captions for sunsets for those motivational sunset photos, romantic sunset quotes for sunset photos with your loved ones to various sunset picture captions that I think you’ll love.
Best Sunset Captions for Instagram & Sunset Quotes
These sunset captions for Insta will hands-down make your sunset photo stand out from the millions of sunset photos posted online!
My Favorite Captions for Sunset Photos
These are my all-time favorite sunset ig captions!
1. “When the sun is setting, leave whatever you are doing and watch it.” — Mehmet Murat ildan
2. “There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day” — Rachel Boston
3. “Sunsets are my escape into the reality I want to continuously live.” — Rachel Roy
4. “Let me, o let me bathe my soul in colors; let me swallow the sunset and drink the rainbow.” — Kahlil Gibran
5. “Sometimes the sunset is so beautiful, I think it might be the very last one” — Nitya Prakash
6. “Life does not come with instructions on how to live, but it does come with trees, sunsets, smiles, and laughter, so enjoy your day.” — Debbie Shapiro
7. “It was sunsets that taught me that beauty sometimes only lasts for a couple of moments, and it was sunrises that showed me that all it takes is patience to experience it all over again.” — A.J. Lawless
8. “Age is irrelevant. Ask me how many sunsets I’ve seen, hearts I’ve loved, trips I’ve taken, or concerts I’ve been to. That’s how old i am” — Joëlle
9. “Sunset is the opening music of the night.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
10. “The sun sets and my heart expands. Hope. For now, nothing else matters.” — Unknown
11. “Sunsets are proof that endings can often be beautiful too.” — Beau Taplin
12. “When someone asks me what my favorite colors is, I should just say, ‘sunset.’” —Unknown
Funny Sunset Picture Captions & Quotes
Make your followers laugh out loud with these funny sunset captions and quotes!
13. “If I could lick the sunset, I’ll bet it would taste like Neapolitan ice cream.” ― Jarod Kintz
14. “Not everyone has to ride off into the sunset with a man. Some of us just want a tan.” — Mandy Hale
15. “Foam is white and waves are grey; beyond the sunset leads my way.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
16. “Pour me a sunset, ki*l the night, and I promise to drink with you forever.”— William C.Hannan
17. “Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under!” ― C. Joybell C.
18. “Tea is just an excuse. I am drinking this sunset, this evening. and you.” — Sanober khan
19. “Good kids are like sunsets. We take them for granted.” — Erma Bombeck
20. “I think sunrises are rarer for me, but sunset is my favorite time of day.” — JonForeman
21. “Life’s a beach. Sunsets make it better.”— Unknown
22. “Meanwhile the sunsets are mad orange fools raging in the gloom.” — Jack Kerouac
23. “It’s that time between day and night when the sky looks like it’s on fire and mosquitoes are on the hunt.” — Angie Thomas
24. “The sun has gone to bed and so must I.” — The Sound of Music
25. “To me, everything is beautiful. Show me a pink sunset, and I’m limp, by God.” — J.D. Salinger
Romantic Sunset Quotes For Instagram
These sunset captions for Instagram are perfect for those sunset pics with bae!
26. “I just need you and some sunsets” — Atticus
27. “To watch a sunset is to connect with the divine.” — Gina de Gorn
28. “She was a ray of sunshine, a warm summer rain, a bright fire on a cold winter’s day, and now she could be dead because she had tried to save the man she loved.” ― Grace willows
29. “As angry as the sky looks, it’s still full of the colors of love.” — Anthony t. Hincks
30. “All I ever wanted was to dream another sunset with you.” — Mayday parade
31. “My dream date would be a hike through the woods followed by an outdoor picnic followed by a glass of wine at sunset. Heaven!” — Nina Agdal
32. “The most beautiful sunset is when you have it with your beloved one and the most beautiful sunrise is quite the same.” — Galina Nelson
33. “That was her magic – she could still see the sunset, even on the darkest days.” — Atticus
34. “Her heart was made of liquid sunsets.” — Virginia Woolf
35. “People are just as wonderful as sunsets if you let them be. When I look at a sunset, I don’t find myself saying, “soften the orange a bit on the right-hand corner.” I don’t try to control a sunset. I watch with awe as it unfolds.” — Carl Rogers
36. “The first stab of love is like a sunset, a blaze of color — oranges, pearly pinks, vibrant purples…” ― Anna Godbersen
37. “Kiss me like the glistening red sun kisses the sky.”— Unknown
38. “The sky has changed from orange to a hundred shades of pink to a dark navy blue, and here I am still loving you.” — a.y.
39. “A sunrise or sunset can be ablaze with brilliance and arouse all the passion, all the yearning, in the soul of the beholder” — Mary Balogh
40. ” I want to see how sunset decorates your hair.” — Tyler Knott Gregson
41. “I can’t give you the sunset, but I can give you the night.”— Erin McCarthy
42. “I know I should crumble for better reasons but have you seen that boy he brings the sun to its knees every night.” — Rupi Kaur
43. “All my life, I have been in love with the sky. Even when everything was falling apart around me, the sky was always there for me.” — Yoko Ono
44. “The sun still lives his silent vows to the moon, by bowing to kiss her feet whenever she walks in the room.”— Curtis Tyrone Jones
45. Can you see the sunset real good on the west side? You can see it on the east side too.” ― S.e. Hinton
46. The tired sunsets and the tired people – it takes a lifetime to die and no time at all.” — Charles Bukowski
47. “The sun loves the moon so much that he dies every night to let her breathe.”― Jeffrey Fry
48. “Sunset is a moment where all emotions are experienced: melancholy, amazement, intoxication, casuistry, admiration, love, sadness…” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
49. “Sunsets are always better shared.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
50. “Here’s to a lifetime of golden sunsets spent together.”— Unknown
Short Sunset insta Captions & Quotes
Sometimes simplicity is all you need and these captions about sunset will do just that!
51. “Sunset is still my favorite color, and rainbow is second.” — Mattie Stepanek
52. “See the beauty of sunset to enjoy the passion of life.” — Debasish Mridha
53. ‘’O, sunlight! The most precious gold to be found on earth.” ― Roman Payne
54. “It’s not just a sunset; it’s a moonrise too” ― P. C. Cast
55. “You want proof there’s a god? Look outside, watch a sunset.” — Frank E. Peretti
56. “The horizon changes but the sun does not.” — Joyce Rachelle
57. “The sky speaks in a thousand colors.” — S.R. Abbasi
58. “Softly the evening came with the sunset” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
59. “The biggest cliché in photography is sunrise and sunset.” — Catherine Opie
60. “See the beauty of sunset to enjoy the passion of life.” — Debasish Mridha
61. “Meet me where the sky touches the sea.” — Jennifer Donnelly
62. “Endless horizons and blood-red skies.” — Unknown
63. “My soul is an empty carousel at sunset”. — Pablo Neruda
64. “I am the sunrise of sunsets, and I make love like noon at midnight.” — Jarod Kintz
65. “Every sunset is also a sunrise; it all depends on where you stand.” — Karl Schmidt
66. “When the sun has set, no candle can replace it.” — George r.r. Martin.
67. “A sunset is the sun’s fiery kiss to the night.” — Crystal woods
68. “I couldn’t see the sunset because there was dusk in my eyes” — Unknown
Inspirational Sunset Photo Captions
Want to inspire your followers, then write these inspirational sunset captions for Instagram.
69. “A sunset will color your dreams.” — Anthony Hincks
70. “Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us.” — Mehmet Murat ildan
71. “With every sunset, a new hope is born, and old expectation dies.” — Noor Unnahar
72. “Some days, a beautiful sunset with your best friend can be one of the most peaceful and relaxing mediations of the day.” — Charles Schulz
73. “Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.” — Ralph waldo Emerson
74. “Allow failure to teach you a supreme lesson: each sunset is the beginning of a very, very bright and powerful sunrise.” — Sri Chinmoy
75. “Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.” — Richie Norton
76. “Sunset shows that life is too beautiful to hold on to the past so move on to the present.” — Jennifer Aquillo
77. “May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace.” — Umair Siddiqui
78. “May every sunrise hold more promise and every sunset hold more peace…” — Umair Siddiqui
79. “It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” — Bern Williams
80. “The seconds of presence is where most inspiration comes. There are sunsets that promote it.” — Russell Simmons
81. “Are you dreaming? Stop dreaming; come and watch the sunset, it is better than all the dreams!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
82. “The more clouds you have in your sky, the more colorful sunset it will be.” — Sajal Sazzad
83. “Sunset is the most spiritual moment where human race meets the extraordinary spirit of the universe!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
84. “I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, that the hand of God is there also.” — John McCain
85. “Softly the evening came with the sunset.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
86. “There is no way in which a man can earn a star or deserve a sunset.”— G.K.Chesterton
87. “Sunset is always wiser than sunrise because sunset has added the experience of an entire day to his soul!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
88. “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” ― Rabindranath Tagore
89. “Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal.” ― Elbert Hubbard
90. “My purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset and the baths of all the western stars until I die.” — Alfred Tennyson
91. “No sun outlasts its sunset, but will rise again and bring the dawn.” — Maya Angelou
92. “Sunset is a wonderful opportunity for us to appreciate all the great things the sun gives us” — Mehmet Murat ildan
93. “When your world moves too fast and you lose yourself in the chaos, introduce yourself to each color of the sunset” — Christy Ann Martine
94. “Every moment of life is unique – a kiss, a sunset, a dance, a joke. None will ever recur in quite the same way. Each happens only once in the history of the universe.” — Stephen Nachmanovitch
95. “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.” — Kristen butler
96. “Sunrise is the start of something beautiful: the day. Sunset is the start of something beautiful: the night.” — Juansen Dizon
97. “The sky takes on shades of orange during sunrise and sunset, the color that gives you hope that the sun will set only to rise again.” — Ram Charam
98. “Every sunset is a journey, a journey to remember the memories of the past!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
99. “The darkness that follows a sunset is never so dark that is can change the inevitability of a sunrise.” — Craig Lounsbrough
100. “There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it…put yourself in the way of beauty.” — Cheryl strayed
101. “…at every sunset, the sky is a different shade. No cloud is ever in the same place. Each day is a new masterpiece. A new wonder. A new memory.” — Sanober khan
102.“Enjoy the beauty of a sunset and enjoy nature’s farewell kiss for the night” — Sharon Rene
103. “Sunsets are one of our simplest and most profound gifts [..] they remind us that we are blessed to have enjoyed a perfect day, and they provide hope that tomorrow will be even better.” — Viola Shipman
104. “A sunset is life’s way of saying: ‘Good job, you survived today. Here’s something pretty!”— Unknown
105. “There’s a special quality to the loneliness of dusk, a melancholy more brooding even than the nights.” — Ed Gorman
Dreamy Sunset Captions for Instagram
Want to inspire someone to dream? These dreamy sunset captions for Instagram will inspire your followers (or even yourself) to dream.
106. “Sunsets are so beautiful that they almost seem as if we were looking through the gates of heaven.”— John Lubbock
107. “As long as I gaze on Waterloo sunset, I am in paradise” — Waterloo Sunset, The Kinks
108. “My joy is the golden sunset giving thanks for another day.” — Jonathan Lockwood
109. “If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with god.” — Gilbert k. Chesterton
110. “Every one of a hundred thousand cities around the world had its own special sunset and it was worth going there, just once, if only to see the sun go down.” — Ryu Murukami
111. “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” — Mahatma Gandhi
112. “When the sun shines, it not only brightens our day; it enlightens us, our soul, cleansing it of the gloominess that the night’s darkness had brought in.” — Tista Ray
113. “If you are in a beautiful place where you can enjoy sunrise and sunset, then you are living like a lord.” — Nathan Phillips
114. “A day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered” — Nicholas sparks
115. “I can count on my fingers the number of sunsets I have left, and I don’t want to miss any of them”. — Suzanne Collins
116. “There’s too many things I haven’t done yet. There’s too many sunsets I haven’t seen.” — Sara Bareilles
117. “It is man’s consolation that the future is to be a sunrise instead of a sunset.” — Victor Hugo
118. “We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us.” — Kahlil Gibran
119. “I would remember that once I saw the dragons aloft on the wind at sunset above the western isles; and I would be content.” — Ursula k. Le Guin
120. “The world is a dream, you say, and it’s lovely, sometimes. Sunset. Clouds. Sky. — Richard Bach
121. “Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer the goal.” — Elbert Hubbard
122.“Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty if only we have the eyes to see them.” — John Ruskin
Beautiful Sunset Quotes for Instagram
Need more sunset quotes? Then check out these beautiful sunset Instagram captions.
123. “I like people who get excited about the change of seasons, the sound of the ocean, the sun, drowning in the horizon, the smell of rain, and starry nights.” — Brooke Hampton
124. “There is nothing more musical than a sunset.” — Claude Debussy
125. “We were made to enjoy music, to enjoy beautiful sunsets, to enjoy looking at the billows of the sea.” — Desmond tutu
126. “Don’t forget: beautiful sunsets need cloudy skies.”— Paulo Coelho
127. “From sunrise to sunset to sunrise, there is a lifetime of beauty, charm and elegance.” — Sandeep n. Tripathi
128. “The strange thing about the sunset is that we actually don’t want the sun to set, we want it to stay right on the horizon, not below it, not above it, just right on it.” — Mehmet Murat ildan
129. “Bursts of gold on lavender melting into saffron. It’s the time of day when the sky looks like it has been spray-painted by a graffiti artist.” — Mia Kirshner
130. “The water was glassy and calm, still candy colored in the afterglow of sunset”. — Stephen king
131. “If a beautiful sunset is seen, how much more beautiful is what is seeing it?” — Michael Jeffreys
132. “Whenever you want to see me, always look at the sunset; I will be there.” — Grace Ogot
133. Orange? Like Effie’s hair?” I say. “A bit more muted,” he says. “More like sunset.” ― Suzanne Collins
134. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” — Jo Walton
135. “The sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches.” — Vera Nazarian
136. “It seems there is more interest in sunsets that sunrises. Perhaps because innately, we fear the dark.” — Richelle e. Goodrich
137. “Thank you is what each and every one of us should say when we see either a sunrise or sunset. And when we do that, maybe, just maybe the world will start to become a better place.” — Anthony t. Hincks
138. “Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing”. — Dr. Seuss
139. “Because the sunset, like survival, exists only on the verge of its own disappearing. To be gorgeous, you must first be seen, but to be seen allows you to be hunted” — Ocean Vuong
140. “He glanced at the sun which, old professional that it was, chose that moment to drop below the horizon.” — Terry Pratchett
141. “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it isn’t going away.”— Elvis Presley.
142. “You have to travel far and wide to see a lot of the world’s wonders, but sunsets can be appreciated in every corner of the earth.” — Kimmie conner
143. “And like tea dissolving in hot water, the sun dissolved in the sky…creating a velvet horizon, announcing for the stars’ night dance with the moon, the awaited joy for the wounded souls.” — Abeer Allan
144. “Sunset is so marvelous that even the sun itself watches it every day in the reflections of the infinite oceans!” — Mehmet Murat ildan
145. “Once I saw a chimpanzee gaze at a particularly beautiful sunset for a full 15 minutes, watching the changing colors [and then] retire to the forest without picking a pawpaw for supper.” ― Adriaan Kortlandt
146. If you see the sunset, does it have to mean something? If you hear the birds singing, does it have to have a message?” — Robert Wilson
147. “Twilight fell: the sky turned to a light; dusky purple littered with tiny silver stars.” ― j.k. Ro
148. A large drop of sun lingered on the horizon and then dripped over and was gone, and the sky was brilliant over the spot where it had gone, and a torn cloud, like a bloody rag, hung over the spot of its going.”― John Steinbeck
149. “Watch the sunset. How does that make you feel? Does it make you feel big or tiny? Because there’s something good about feeling both.” — Amy Grant
150. “When I consider how, after sunset, the stars come out gradually in troops from behind the hills and woods, I confess that I could not have contrived a more curious and inspiring sight.” — Unknown
Final Thoughts on the Sunset Quotes and Sunset Captions For Instagram
There you have it, friends! I hope these sunset captions and quotes either inspired you or gave you the perfect sunset Instagram caption you’ve been looking for!
Which sunset quote spoke to you the most? Let me know in the comments below and if you have a favorite sunset quote that is not on my list, you can still drop it in the comment section to inspire me too!
And if you loved this post, be sure to check out other posts on the blog because you’ll enjoy them too!
More posts on the blog to inspire you
- Road trip questions for couples to get you talking
- How to plan an epic road trip
- Things to know before traveling
- Big mistakes to avid while traveling
Was this post of the sunset quotes for Instagram helpful? Then please consider sharing it with others.