Looking for funny road trip questions to help break the silence while on the road? This post got you covered with car ride questions on different topics!
Ah, road trips! They’re one of my favorite way to travel! I like the freedom that comes with making stops wherever I want, whether it’s to buy snacks from a gas station, take a quick swim at the beach along the way, or take countless photos of the beautiful scenery, nothing beats the entire experience of a long road trip.
While all this is fun, we can’t ignore the long awkward silence that comes after a couple of hours seated in the car!
Instead of just sleeping, you can resort to road trip games to beat the silence and that includes some fun questions!
Starting a conversation doesn’t come naturally to some people and I get it, after a few topics, we all need something to help us come up with fun questions! And that’s where this post comes in!
To give you some of the fun road trip questions you can ask yourselves to keep the conversation flowing and in the end, make the journey more enjoyable or even seem shorter.
No need to deal with the awkward silence, use my tried and tested questions for road trips to become the conversation starter you never knew you were!
And to help you easily navigate this post, I will be breaking it into categories from funny road trip questions to break the ice, road trip questions for couples, thought-provoking road trip questions for friends, to some serious car ride questions to get things even deeper!
Ready? Sit tight and discover some of the meaningful questions for a road trip!
road trip Questions That Will Get everyone talking
Ice breaker questions to ask on a road trip
Just like the title states, these car ride questions are meant to break the silence before you dive deep into the hard Qs.
1.What food can you eat every day without getting tired of it?
2. What’s your favorite video game?
3. Describe yourself in just 3 words.
4. What do you love to do in your free time?
5. What are your favorite 5 movies of all time?
6. Who’s your secret celebrity crush?
7. What three languages would you like to speak?
8. Are you a morning person or a late-night owl?
9. What talent do you really wish you had?
10. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
11. What book has had the most impact on your life?
12. What movie do you love that everyone else seems to hate?
13. What is your favorite band?
14. What is your favorite instrument to play?
15. What hobbies would you like to take up?
16. What’s one talent you wish you had but don’t currently have?
17. What is the one skill you really want to master?
18. If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
19. If you were to be stuck on an island forever, whom would you take with you?
20. What’s the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
21. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
22. What was your nickname as a child?
23. What’s your favorite superhero movie?
24. If you received $1 million today, how would you spend it?
25. Would you ever consider going on a TV reality show? If so, which one?
26. If you could invite anyone to dinner, who would it be and why?
27. What song could you listen to over and over and not get tired of?
28. What do you like a lot that everyone else seems to hate?
29. Which movie can you watch over and over?
30. What’s your favorite way to relax?
31. What’s the most famous person you’ve ever met?
32. Are you close to your family?
33. What are you most passionate about in life?
34. What’s the one thing that never misses in your purse/bag?
35. Who is your favorite musician of all time?
36. Which holiday do you love the most?
37. What are you most grateful for in life?
38. Which TV shows are you currently binge-watching?
39. Have you ever had a negative experience that turned out to have a positive impact on your life? What was it?
40. For how long can you spend without having your phone?
41. What’s your favorite food cuisine?
42. What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
43. If you could have a superpower, which one would you pick?
44. What was your favorite subject in school?
Road Trip Questions related to travel
Since you’re on a road trip, it’s safe to say that you’re into traveling! This section has road trip questions to ask related to travel. The questions are meant to learn about each other’s travel history, travel dreams, and everything in between.
45. What’s your favorite city in the world and why?
46. Which country did you visit first when you first started traveling and why?
47. What aspect of traveling do you enjoy the most?
48. Which destination would you like to visit again?
49. What aspect of traveling do you like the least?
50. What are you most looking forward to on this trip?
51. Which country did you visit that surprised you the most? Why
52. What is the one place you visited and found overrated?
53. What would be your ideal getaway for a long weekend?
54. Which destination did you visit and found underrated?
55. What’s the most thrilling activity you’ve ever done?
56. Which destination are you most excited to visit next?
57. If you had to choose one country to live in, where would that be and why?
58. Would you ever climb Mount Everest if you had a chance?
59. What personality traits do you find most attractive in someone?
60. What’s the best travel advice you can ever give someone?
Psst… If you need more advice, then you can check out my complete list of travel tips for beginners.
61. Have you ever gone camping? If so, how many times?
62. How many countries have you visited so far?
63. What’s the longest you’ve ever been away from home for?
64. What is the scariest experience you’ve ever had on vacation?
65. Would you ever go bungee jumping?
“Do You Prefer” Fun Questions For Road Trips
66. Do you prefer a hotel or a hostel?
67. Do you prefer Mountains or beaches? Where would you rather go?
68. Do you prefer guided tours or planning your own trip?
69. Do you prefer all-inclusive resorts or prefer choosing specifics.
70. Do you prefer living in the city or the countryside?
71. Do you prefer winter or summer?
72. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
73. Do you prefer comedy or horror movies?
74. Do you prefer being self-employed or working for someone?
Fun Road Trip Questions for couples
75. What made you say yes when I asked you out on a date?
76. What was your first thought about me when we first met?
77. What’s the one thing you wish that I knew about you?
78. If you could change any one thing about me, what would it be?
79. Where would you like us to travel next?
80. What would be your ideal date night?
81. In what ways has our relationship changed you?
82. What do you think we could do to improve our relationship?
83. What’s the most important value in a relationship?
84. Do you consider kissing another person cheating?
85. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
86. What’s your favorite memory of us?
86. What irritates you the most about me?
87. What would you say is the biggest adventure we’ve had together so far?
88. What is the greatest deal-breaker for you in a relationship?
89. What turns you on most in the bedroom?
90. What kind of music do you like listening to?
91. What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
92. Have you ever been catfished online?
93. What are your thoughts on open relationships?
94. What have previous relationships taught you about love?
You can also read my complete list of road trip questions for couples here!
Would you rather road trip questions
95. Would you rather never have to sleep or never have to eat again?
96. Would you rather be able to change one thing about the past, or control one thing in the future?
97. Would you rather be a magician or a superhero?
98. Would you rather be blind or mute?
99. Would you rather go to a theme park or a water park?
100. Would you rather be eaten by a shark or by a lion?
101. Would you rather live in a tiny house or a mansion?
102. Would you rather have unlimited money or unlimited knowledge?
103. Would you rather go hiking in the mountains or chill on the beach?
104. Would you rather never have to clean or never have to cook again?
105. Would you rather have the ability to play every instrument or know every language?
106. Would you rather be very rich or find the love of your life?
107. Would you rather explore space or the deepest part of the ocean?
108. Would you rather be able to read minds or be invisible?
109. Would you rather be able to read minds or be invisible?
110. Would you rather go back in time to change what happened or change the future? And why?
111. Would you rather have a son or a daughter, and why?
112. Would you rather never be able to walk again or never be able to hear again?
113. Would you rather live a long but boring life or a short but fun and exciting life?
Funny questions for car rides
114. Want to bring some laughter in the car? These funny road trip questions will help out.
115. What is the funniest sound you can make?
116. What’s a weird/secret skill you have?
117. If you got arrested, what crime would your friends assume you’d done?
118. What’s the funniest face you can pull?
119. Can you think of a time you have ever been impulsive? What did you do and what were the consequences?
120. What is the dumbest joke you’ve ever heard?
121. What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
122. What is something totally ridiculous that you believed as a kid?
123. What is the dumbest way you have ever gotten hurt?
124. What’s the weirdest place you’ve ever slept?
125. What’s your funniest drunk memory?
126. What’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you at someone else’s house?
127. Is there anyone you would secretly love to punch in the face?
128. What would your death row meal be?
129. Do you have any fetishes? Which ones are they?
130. If you could switch lives with someone, who would it be?
131. Is there any job that you would never do, even for a huge sum of money?
132. Are there any conspiracy theories you believe in?
133. What’s that one dish you can cook even while sleeping?
Car ride questions about Aspirations and the future
134. Have you ever been broken-hearted?
135. What did you want to be when you were young?
136. Where do you see yourself in the next 5-10 years?
137. What motivates you to work hard?
138. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
139. What do you fear about getting older?
140. Who is the most inspiring person you’d want to meet and what will you ask him/her?
141. What’s something you wish you could be better at?
142. If you could be the leading expert in something, what would it be?
143. What are your major life goals?
144. If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
Deep questions to ask on a road trip
145. Who is your role model and why?
146. Who’s the most important person in your life and why?
147. What does your ideal partner look like?
148. Have you ever been arrested? What had you done?
149. Do you believe in marriage? Why or Why not?
150. What’s your biggest fear in life?
151. What or who would you miss most if you died tomorrow?
152. Do you want to have kids? If yes how many? If not, why not?
153. Do you believe in the saying “home is where your heart is?” What does home mean to you?
154. What are your most regrets in life?
155. Do you think you had a great childhood?
156. How would you like to be remembered after you’re gone?
157. If you had a time machine, which moment in life would you revisit?
158. Do you believe in life after earth? What do you think happens in the afterlife?
159. What are you most afraid of in life?
160. When have you felt the most fulfilled in life?
161. When was the last time you were really happy?
162. Do you think being rich is enough in life?
163. If you were in a position of power, what would you change about society?
164. Are you a religious person? Why or why not?
165. What’s been your biggest failure in life so far?
166. Do you love your job?
167. How do you measure success in life?
168. Are you easily attached to material things?
Final Thoughts On The Fun questions to ask on a road trip
While road trips can be fun, they can also get boring especially if you have nothing to talk about with your road trip mates … but they don’t have to be like that!
With the right road trip questions, you can get everybody talking but if you can’t come up with fun questions, I hope that this article has given you a number of options to consider.
I hope that you found these car ride questions helpful and that they help your cure the road trip blues.
More posts to help you enjoy the outdoors
- Mistakes to avoid while hiking
- What to pack for a day hike
- Easy camping breakfast meals
- Essential items to pack for camping
- Tips for backpacking for beginner
- How to plan a perfect road trip
- Big mistakes to avoid on a road trip
- What to pack for a road trip
Was this post on the funny questions for car rides helpful? Then please consider sharing it with others.